Tried The Ticket Taker

Comments on Tried The Ticket Taker

Endof80
reMember

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
Posted Sep 22, 2014 - 11:16 PM:

Another attempt to clean an uncleanable - I still think my attempt at cleaning Cornelia yielded a big improvement, but the lack of any comments from anyone, makes me suspect maybe the untouched file is preferred.. (though not to me).

Anyway, here I tried to do something with The Ticket Taker... is it an improvement? I'm not sure, one moment I think so, the next minute it sounds a lost cause.
But for what it's worth, take a listen:

https://db.tt/YBG4A4Dq
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Sep 24, 2014 - 3:56 AM:

I wouldn't take the lack of comments as anything but nobody having had the time to listen to both in sequence yet.

I remember the original version of The Ticket Taker being pretty impossible to understand at times. The cleaned version above kind of sounds like it was recorded underwater (hm that'd work well for Gem of Purest Ray).
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Sep 24, 2014 - 4:00 AM:

Quickly comparing the first few minutes, I think your version of The Ticket Taker is definitely easier to listen to.
Endof80
reMember

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
Posted Sep 28, 2014 - 7:00 AM:

I'll agree with that Paul.
Well.. it's still a loser, but I went ahead and spent another 7 or 8 hours on it.. There was some cleaning in the second half that I had previously abandoned, and didn't plan to mess with it anymore. But the last couple of nights I felt compelled to go ahead and finish it. (Also touched up a couple spots in the first half too).

I replaced the file on Dropbox with the updated one, so the link should be the same, but in case it's not here's the link: https://db.tt/YBG4A4Dq

As trashy as the finished project sounds, I've decided it's still better than listening through the roar from the original untouched file. At least to me.

Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.