Where can I get better copies than 32kps??

Title Where can I get better copies than 32kps??
Message Text Where can I get better copies of Quiet Please series other than the common 32kps files found on the internet?

When it comes to mp3s, it is my understanding that to maintain a reasonable degree of quality, a 128kps file is in most cases acceptable.
But you can sacrifice and get away with going as low as 64kps to save some bandwith if your streaming audio but it's not a particularly desirable option.

But 32kps is almost as bad as it can get.

I emailed Radio Spirits, explaining that I was trying to find better copies than the ones commonly found on the internet, and since it was my understanding that it was they who owned the original tapes, I was surprised they did not list copies of the Quiet Please series available for sale, and wish to know how I might aquire the series on cd.

They replied as follows:

Dear Mr. Powers,

Thank you very much for your interest in Radio Spirits!

We do not currently carry this title. But, don't give up hope! I would
recommend that you ask for some information from the good folks at the
Old Time Radio Digest. They are a group of very knowledgeable OTR fans.
Please find below a link to their site:

http://lists.oldradio.net/otrdigest/

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to call our
customer service department at 203-265-8044.

Thank you,

Cheryl
Radio Spirits Customer Service

I looked over their forum but did not join, it seems they specialize in only certain series, and Quiet Please is not one of them. I didn't see one mention of it in their "misc series section either, so I didn't bother.

Who has first hand knowledge on obtaining the entire series in better than these 32kps ones?
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Endof80
Views 453 views. Averaging 0 views per day.
Submission Date May 28, 2014