Two of the lost episodes exist!

Comments on Two of the lost episodes exist!

JIM WATSON
#16 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 15, 2003 - 5:40 PM:

HI FOLKS....JUST FOUND THE SITE AND WITH GREAT INTEREST HAVE READ A FEW POSTINGS...."CHAPPIE" BROKE ME INTO RADIO IN 1969. MENTION IS MADE OF HIS WIDOW DONATING ET'S TO MUSEUMS....THE LAST I SAW HIM WAS IN PROBABLY SEVENTY OR SEVENTY-ONE, AFTER I TOOK OFF FOR THE UNKNOWN. WERE YOU AWARE THAT HE PRODUCED A SYNDICATED SERIES, ALSO KNOWN AS "QUIET PLEASE" FROM HIS HOME IN PALM BEACH GARDENS, FLORIDA. I HELPED FROM TIME TO TIME. PROBABLY GOT IN THE WAY MORE THAN ANYTHING AND SLOWED HIM DOWN, BUT HE MADE ME FEEL AS IF I WAS HELPING. HE HAD A LARGE LIBRARY OF PUBLIC DOMAIN MUSIC THAT HE USED WITH THIS VENTURE. AT THAT TIME, HE WAS DIVORCED AND RAISING TWO CHILDREN. I DIDN'T KNOW HE'D REMARRIED.

NICE FINDING THE SITE.

JW
MS

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
#17 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 19, 2003 - 10:17 PM:

Really?

Well, tell us, Jim, what was that late 60s syndicated "Quiet, Please" all about?

Did Chappell ever talk much about the original series?

Or his good friend Wyllis Cooper?

Wonder where his kids are today.

And why he got divorced from Mrs. Chappell ...

... Claudia Morgan.

(PAUSE)

Claudia Morgan?!

(MUSIC ... THEME ... FADE)

ANNOUNCER: Your "Quiet, Please!" story for today was called "I Have Been Looking for You to Give You This Subpeona" ...

Mark Martucci

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 17
#18 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 20, 2003 - 10:42 PM:

WOW! A '60s Quiet Please??!! We must know more!! Please!
Mark Martucci

#19 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 29, 2003 - 5:16 PM:

Still waiting for more info on the 60s Quiet Please!
Mark Martucci

#20 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jan 30, 2004 - 8:44 AM:

I have gotten Sony Mini DIsc recorder (MZ-NE410), but it appears to have no recording functions other than off of a computer. I see no place to plug in the mics. There is nothing in the manual about live recordings.
Tom, are you there?
#21 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Mar 14, 2004 - 12:58 AM:

Just to fill everyone in on the \"Mission Impossible\":
I just got back from England and finally did get a Sharp MD-SR60 mini disc recorder, which has a mic input. I grew my hair long to cover the in-ear mics and made a very good recording of the concert I went to. No one at all noticed I was recording the whole event! It all worked out very well.
I the next few weeks I plan to go to the Museum of TV in NYC and listen to the 2 lost QP episodes there. If I can, I will try to get them so we can enjoy them on this site. The only problem is that the MD recorder I used is malfunctioning and will have to be repaired first. I bought a used unit on eBay and now I will probably have to pay more than I would have paid for a new one to get it back to normal.

On another note:
I still wish that fellow who mentioned the 60's QP series would get back with more details.
Did Chappell write new episodes?
Did he use scripts from the original series?
How long was it produced?

Dronak
#22 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Mar 31, 2004 - 8:06 PM:

Wow, that's pretty cool. A few "missing" episodes aren't. smiling face If there is some way you could sneak copies of them out, that would be awesome. According to the list I have, they'd probably be episodes 52 and 53 though. I have #51 as In the House Where I Was Born and #54 as Not Responsible After 30 Years. I guess one of us got mixed up on the numbering somewhere. Since I saw mention that OTR Shop has 56 episodes on 3 disks, I thought I'd mention that my favorite place to get OTR, OTRcat (logically at otrcat.com) has 89 episodes in mp3 format available on 1 CD. AFAIK, this is all of the available episodes. Well, except for the two newly found ones mentioned here. Definitely keep us updated on this. I'm glad I decided to check in here and see what was going on; this is great news. smiling face
Old Timer

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 100
#23 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Apr 28, 2004 - 11:40 PM:

Here's a plan... Have someone go and listen to the episodes... and put a cell phone (or a walkie-talkie or something like that) up to the speaker. Have someone at the other end with the recorder. True the sound may not be all that great... but as the subject line says............ rolling eyes
Old Timer

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 100
#24 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Apr 28, 2004 - 11:43 PM:

Orginally posted by mark martucci

I should also add that the Radio Spirits Quiet Please collection on cassette is also of extreme good quality. I think it is now out of print, however and may be hard to find.

I happen to have this particular collection, and you are right, the quality is rather good. Would be willing to share with anyone interested cool
Ugly Kid Mike
#25 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Feb 13, 2005 - 1:55 AM:

Hey Old Timer,

If you've got good-audio quality cassete of QP, why are we talking about it? Email me at bootmyhead at yahoo (no spam, you get it?) and we'll talk business.
John D.
#26 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 13, 2005 - 10:54 AM:

Has anyone made any progress trying to get copies (on the sly or otherwise) of the two missing episodes from the museum?

Just wondering....I keep checking back here but I don't see anything else having been posted about it...
Endof80
reMember

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
#27 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 23, 2014 - 6:31 AM:

What ever became of this?

Were copies ever acquired?
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.