Done Posting Scripts

Comments on Done Posting Scripts

Astro1

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 16
Total Comments: 25
Posted Jan 05, 2004 - 9:56 PM:

I am finally done posting the missing scripts to the Scripts forum.
The only one I don't have is "Retreat at Dunkerke".

I also posted the full version of "Be a Good Dog, Darling" (only the first 10 mintues exist as a recording).

I generally typed in the scripts as they were. I did correct obvious misspellings but I left in British spellings (which Cooper seems to have used a lot - though I did correct "Fone" to "Phone" since I didn't know if "fone" was a British spelling or not).

The scripts were mostly typed, but sometimes there were minor changes that were hand written. Cooper's closing comments were almost always hand-written and the names of the stars were often hand-written as well (which explains why I had to put question marks in there several times - I have access to a directory of radio stars, which I could use to try and decipher the names, if anyone is interested).

Hope everyone has enjoyed the scripts.
MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Jan 05, 2004 - 11:55 PM:

Thank you so much for these and for all your hard work, Astro1. Extremely enlightening stuff. Now that I know how to spell "Tragacanth" I can start work on a transcript of THE MAN WHO KNEW EVERYTHING! :-)

I wonder if RETREAT AT DUNKERQUE was merely a local rebroadcast of the previous script (broadcast only four days prior), A RIBBON OF LINCOLN GREEN (which is, after all, about the retreat at Dunkirk).

With regard to the cast of THE VENETIAN BLIND MAN:

"Carl E???" might be "Carl Emory" who also appeared in TAP THE HEAT, BOGDAN.

"James ???" might be one of the other Jameses that Cooper used regularly throughout the series: James Monks, James Goss, James Boles or James Van Dyk.

The script you posted credits Dorothy McBride as playing Miss Tragacanth "again" but the recording of THE MAN WHO KNEW EVERYTHING credits a Jean McBride as Miss Tragacanth.
Astro1

Total Topics: 16
Total Comments: 25
Posted Jan 06, 2004 - 11:26 AM:

I think you are right that Retreat at Dunkerque was the same show as A Ribbon of Lincoln Green. It was the only show in the series not broadcast nationwide and was broadcast around the same time as the robin-hood show.
Mark Martucci

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 17
Posted Jan 09, 2004 - 5:00 PM:

I want to add my thanks to Astro1 for the postings.
Old Timer

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 100
Posted Feb 20, 2004 - 9:14 PM:

Orginally posted by mark martucci

I want to add my thanks to Astro1 for the postings.

So do I grin Typing out scripts is tedious work.... believe me rolling eyes
Dronak
Posted Mar 31, 2004 - 8:38 PM:

Agreed. Thanks a lot for typing up all of those scripts. It must have taken a lot of time to do so. If we can't hear the episodes, we can at least read them now. Thanks again.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.