Cornelia cleaned

Comments on Cornelia cleaned

Endof80
reMember

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
Posted Aug 29, 2014 - 7:06 AM:

I'm beginning to get the hang of this, gradually realizing previous mistakes.. Anyway, here's my latest completed cleaning project, "Cornelia"

Had the most difficult time with the first and last few minutes.. especially the last few, but did the best I could, and sure anyone will consider this the best sounding version of this episode currently available anywhere.

Let me know what you think https://db.tt/UzCAkbuI
Endof80
reMember

Posted Aug 30, 2014 - 5:57 PM:

Um.. when I say the best sounding version - that is to say of course in comparison to what's available anywhere... I know it still sounds very crappy, and still distorted and deteriorated, and by nowhere close to "restored" by any means..

But when 'before' and 'after' is listened to side by side, then the improvement is instantly and easily noticed, and it definitely sounds twice as much better than it did before.

However, without a comparison, standing alone, it sounds terrible.

But I did the best my limited experience enabled me to do, and I am satisfied it was a worthwhile improvement.

I just wanted to elaborate on that.
Endof80
reMember

Posted Aug 30, 2014 - 6:14 PM:

.. same goes for other files I've worked on, and working on...

I'm going to continue to try and work on the episodes which Radio Archives did not restore.. presumably because the quality of those (such as Cornelia) is beyond hope of restoring to a acceptable level.

I'll continue to post them here when I think they are improvements, .. I hope others will appreciate it.

I would rather someone who actually knows what they are doing would post their restoration attempts!
Until then, I'm going to keep trying to do it myself.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.