Other Sites to DL OTR shows?

Comments on Other Sites to DL OTR shows?

kzod
New

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 4
Posted Dec 17, 2004 - 9:31 PM:

Hey guys, I had a great collection of lights out, quiet please, Philip Marlowe, etc... but lost most everything in a HD failure. sad My fault for not backing up. But I can't find any mirc channeles anymore, and kazaa has little to nothing. This site has been a trememndous find. ANy other recommedations on where to find more eps that I can dl?

Thanks for any help,
KZ
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Dec 18, 2004 - 8:07 AM:

http://users2.ev1.net/~ey/audio.html is the best guide I know of to sites that offer downloads (though you have to sort though a lot to find the more worthwhile sites).

Only place I can think of that offers a whole series for download in one spot other than here is http://www.unknown.nu/mercury/

You might find it easier, though, to rebuild with $5 MP3 CDs from http://www.otrcat.com (I've bought a lot from there) if you're able to pay. Getting a whole series on one CD is a bit simpler than scouring different sites to try to collect it.
kzod
New

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 4
Posted Dec 18, 2004 - 8:16 AM:

OK, thanks for the help Paul, and what a great site! FRom the look of your site, I assume the missing eps aren't available anywhere else, so my Quiet please collection should now be complete. If I credit your site for supplying the material, do you have a problem with me sharing the collection via Bit Torrent (the most popular current p2p program)? Or would you like the site to remain anonymous?
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Dec 18, 2004 - 8:29 AM:

There are 88 1/2 episodes ("Be A Good Dog, Darling" being the half) of Quiet Please for which the audio is known to be available. I believe I have all 88 1/2 uploaded and available, let me know if not.

Credit is fine with me, no credit is also fine.
MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Dec 24, 2004 - 2:20 AM:

RadioLovers.com offers a few complete, or nearly complete, series as downloadable mp3 files. They've got every available episode of Cooper's Whitehall 1212, for example.

They also recently added all the available episodes of Mutual's 1946-47 Crime Club series, one of which has a script by Cooper. It's a very routine murder mystery called "The Topaz Flower" adapted from Illinois native Charlotte Murray Russell's 1939 novel The Case of the Topaz Flower. The book takes place in Chicago and centers around an amateur detective trying to help his suspected girlfriend. Cooper's version puts the emphasis on an amusingly laconic police captain (played by Inner Sanctum's Raymond Edward Johnson) so the whole thing resembles a slightly silly Dragnet episode rather than a Quiet Please tale.

Actually, the silliest thing about Crime Club is the over-the-top organ music which really makes you appreciate the relative subtlety of Buhrman and Perrazzo. Incidentally, toward the series' end, CC was broadcast just prior to QP, so as the final episodes conclude, you can hear the announcer inviting you to "stay tuned for another Mutual favorite -- Quiet, Please!"
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.