Comments on A few Quiet Please questions

foleycat

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 13
Total Comments: 17
Posted Nov 11, 2005 - 7:04 PM:

1. What is Ernest Chappell's birthdate & place of birth

2. When did he die ?

3. Who is the actress who was in 'Baker's Dozen' (she sounds French & I think she was in a couple of other episodes) ?

4. Where did they record the Quiet Please episodes ?
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Nov 12, 2005 - 9:14 AM:

1. I can't find the date, but it was sometime in 1903. The location I don't know (could be it's somewhere in one of the articles that've been posted, but I don't recall), but perhaps Syracuse since he started his career there.

2. July 4, 1983

4. I seem to recall some of the episodes state on the air that they come from New York. Presumably the Mutual and then ABC studios there.
MS

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Nov 15, 2005 - 1:17 AM:

1. I would guess Syracuse, too.

Looked up Chappell in the available census records. He was born in New York state. His mother Emma was born in Canada. Father Eugene, younger brother Kenneth, and youngest brother Wilfred, were all born in New York. No exact birth dates or birth places are given in either the 1910 or the 1920 census.

According to the 1900 census, Eugene was single and living in Orleans Twp., in Jefferson County, New York (on the Canadian border, a couple of counties due north of Syracuse), gave his age as 18 and his birth date as May 1882.

According to the 1910 census, Eugene and Emma were living in Syracuse and had been married seven years. Eugene worked as a machinist. Emma was naturalized in 1903. She had given birth to three children but only two were then living: Ernest, age 6, and Kenneth, age 4. Her father was born in Scotland and her mother was born "At Sea" ...

According to the 1920 census, the family was still living in Syracuse. Ages given: Eugene, 38; Emma, 41; Ernest, 16; Kenneth, 13; Wilfred, 9.

According to a December 30, 1967 Syracuse Post Standard obit, Emma M. Chappell died at the age of 89 after having "lived in Syracuse 65 years." Survivors included Ernest (of North Palm Beach, FL), Wilfred, six grandchildren and ten great-grandchildren.

April 1980 obits for Wilfred R. "Bill" Chappell say he was a retired custodian in Baldwinsville and mention brother Ernest as one of the survivors.

3. Lotte Stavisky is the actress in "Baker's Dozen." She was in at least eight episodes, including "Beezer's Cellar," "Tap the Heat, Bogdan" and both versions of "In the House Where I was Born."

Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.