Concerning runtimes..

Title Concerning runtimes..
Message Text .
At the Digital Deli website (www.digitaldeliftp.com/Digi...oo/dd2jb-Quiet-Please.html) the author states the following..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Many of you may be wondering why several of the circulating Quiet, Please! episodes are only 21-23 minutes in length. That's almost certainly because they're actually AFRS transcriptions that some otr seller has clipped to remove any reference to the actual AFRS source. There are approximately ten such altered AFRS exemplars in current circulation. Unfortunately, due to that butchery, no intact AFRS-denatured exemplars are in current circulation."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I had not noted any episodes with runtimes as short as 21-23 minutes (maybe it was so at the time of writing) I still found his comment found this interesting, but I initially tend to disagree with what he proposes.
I am assuming that the runtimes are not a truncations from the originals, because they all apparently fall into groups:
June 47, thru October 8, 1947 - Avg. runtime: 29:30
October 1947 thru January 1948 - Avg. runtime: 24:30
February 1948 thru June 1948 - Avg. runtime: 29:30
July 1 to September 13, 1948 - Avg. runtime: 24:30
September 19 thru June 1949 - Avg. runtime: 29:30
There was one oddball with a runtime of 27:30, but I forget which one.
Anyone have their own insights concerning the varying runtimes?
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Endof80
Views 229 views. Averaging 0 views per day.
Submission Date Aug 04, 2014