Two of the lost episodes exist!

Title Two of the lost episodes exist!
Message Text I have it from a good authority where the transcription discs can be found along with discs of 2 of the lost episodes!

Here is a copy of the letter I have just received from Randy Eidemiller (co-author of the Quiet Please booklet):

Shortly after Ernest Chappell’s death, his widow donated the discs to the Museum of Television and Radio in New York. You might contact them to see if they might loan them to you to clean up the audio. They might be willing to do it since you have a good background in audio restoration. Good Luck!
Best Wishes,
Randy

The problem is that I have only worked on audio restoration on 78s that I have played on a radio show that I occasionally co-host. I use my own personal equipment and am not in any way associated with a known organization. In other words…I am a nobody to the Museum, which has a reputation of being very guarded with their holdings. I have been trying to find someone with an “in” to that place for years.

Here is something very intriguing from the booklet:
“Programs 51 and 52, once thought to be missing, may now be heard at the museum of television and radio location in new York city and Beverly hills cal. Copies however are not available, but interested parties are invited to make an appointment with the archives to hear these marvelous programs.”

Programs 51 and 52 are “Below 5th avenue” and 100,000 Diameters!! The latter being the lost episode I most wanted to hear.

Since I am in New Jersey, and only about an hour out of the city, I am planning to go to the museum to listen to these.

As far as the loaning of the discs, I would be willing to go to the museum with my equipment and do the work, but I would need someone to sponsor or give me some kind of credibility to do the work.

By the way, any fan of the show should own Randy’s booklet. It has been revised in 2000 and is well worth the price. It costs $13.00 (including postage) and the address is

Randy Eidemiller
7700 Lampson #37,
Garden Grove, CA
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Mark Martucci
Views 6,750 views. Averaging 1 view per day.
Submission Date Nov 15, 2003