Sony CFD-S20Cp boombox works fine

Comments on Sony CFD-S20Cp boombox works fine

Thomas Davie
Posted Feb 09, 2003 - 10:12 PM:

After struggling with my JVC boombox for a few sady days while watching the news about the Columbia, I packed it up and got ready to take it back. I ended up giving it to one of my nieces, but that's another story. I did purchase a Sony CFD-S20CP boombox that works fine with most OTR files I have found.

Brief hightlights now, as I post a more thorough review in a few days.

1) Plays 320, 256, 224, 192, 160, 128, 112, 96, 80, 64, 56, 40 and 32 kbps files at 44.1 khz.

2) Most of the OTR files I've downloaded were at 32 kbps/32 khz. A *veru* quick conversion through the free Musicmatch Jukebox 7.5 to 32 kbps/22 khz and they worked.

3) Folder navigation

4) Remote control

5) CDRW's work in Nero Burning ROM (just use the CDRW as a CDR, and when writing to the CDRW, it will give you the option of erasing the CDRW if there are any files on there....just make sure that 'finalize cd' is selected as an option.

6) Sound quality of OTR files is far superior on this to that of the JVC.

If anyone has any questions, ask away.

I think that the price might be less than $100 US. When I bought it on Friday, the price had fallen $50 Cdn.

hope this helps someone.

Tom

Thomas Davie
Posted Feb 11, 2003 - 1:26 PM:

I forgot to add that the unit supports fast forward/rewind within MP3's, which is *VERY* important considering that most OTR shows are 30 minutes in length. Additionally, the unit has a resume feature, such that if you press play again after having stopped the unit, it will start playing at the exact point that it was stopped. No idea if it will resume if the unit itself was turned off, or the disc removed.

Tom

Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Feb 12, 2003 - 7:45 AM:

Sounds good, I'll keep it in mind. (It does get especially frustrating sometimes that I can't rewind with my portable mp3 player. When I can, I prefer to just use the computer because of that.)
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.