download problems

Comments on download problems

dr_otr
Posted Jul 16, 2002 - 6:48 AM:

For two days now I've been unable to download The Other Side of the Stars (http://www.quietplease.org/mp3/99.mp3). This is the only one of the cleaned up files I've had problem accessing. Is this just me, or is something wrong with either the file or the URL?

Kermyt (dr_otr)

Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Jul 16, 2002 - 10:39 PM:

Yeah, I'm afraid the problem is that I deleted it (not remembering that it was a cleaned up episode) when I was trying to quickly make space to upload something. I don't have much space anywhere at the moment, unfortunately... the place I was planning to use has been down for a week and likely will be for another week or so.
Mr.Mike
Posted Jul 16, 2002 - 10:51 PM:

I have been experiencing download problems as well.On the episode page,I started at episode 46 and worked my way backwards.Between 46 and 22 , 9 shows will not download for me.Maybe someone can put a little light on the matter for both of us.I know very little about computers and websites and such,so maybe my problem stems from my lack of knowledge about these things.
Paul

Posted Jul 17, 2002 - 10:30 AM:

It's not your fault, it's just the problems of this slow transition. Yes, there are 9 in that range that don't work... actually reduced to 8 now, and really only 6 in a way. One was a mistake, a misnamed file, which I've corrected now: go to http://www.quietplease.org/episode.php?id=37 and you should be able to download it.

#20 doesn't really exist, but #105 is a repeat of it.
#29 same as above, repeated as #80.
#43 same note as above, repeated as #106.

#39, #36, #32, #31, #29 and #28 simply haven't been uploaded to the server yet -- partly because of lack of space in my account (500 megs is costly enough) and partly because of lack of time. I'm putting up the pages with the MP3 info in advance of actually having the MP3s uploaded, so that it'll be ready once I do get the MP3s up somewhere.

Please note: if you use the "listen" page, it'll always select an episode that downloads properly. It randomly selects from the episodes I've completed both the pages and MP3s for.

Could somebody with a fast connection do me a favor and download http://www.quietplease.org/mp3/160.mp3 , and tell me what it is? (It's not a copy of 16.mp3, size is very different.)
Mr.Mike
Posted Jul 17, 2002 - 11:39 PM:

I had a suspicion that there was a simple answer to this problem.Thank you,Paul!wink smiling face grin
jeff
Posted Jul 19, 2002 - 2:07 PM:

This is a copy of 43.mp3
Paul

Posted Jul 20, 2002 - 12:34 AM:

Thanks, Jeff. I've renamed it to 43.mp3 now.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.