Fave Episopdes

Comments on Fave Episopdes

Posted Jul 04, 2002 - 8:18 PM:

Every Quiet, Please fan has a favorite episode. So Quiet Please Fans, post your very fave episode here.
dx7qp4
Posted Jul 04, 2002 - 8:22 PM:

Well, I'd have to say "Northern Lights".
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Jul 04, 2002 - 8:50 PM:

There are quite a few just about tied for me, but if I have to choose only one... I guess I'll say "Whence Came You?".
Old Timer

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 100
Posted Jul 05, 2002 - 12:36 AM:

I'd have to agree with you about the number that tie, however if I HAD to place them in order, my 2 favorites would be 2) whence came you and 1) the thing on the fourble board
Thomas Davie
Posted Jul 10, 2002 - 3:18 AM:

Easily it has to be the series opener 'There is nothing behind the door' When I was young (say 5 or 6), I used to wake up screaming because I had been dreaming about a black nothing. This episode recreates that feeling *exactly*.

Tom

Mr.Mike
Posted Jul 16, 2002 - 12:43 AM:

AS OF YET,I have not listened to all of them,but I very much enjoyed "Kill me again"and "Whence came You?".
hpbadger
Posted Jul 19, 2002 - 8:57 PM:

My favorite episodes are I dream of Jeannie, Three, and The day of the big cold....not sure if the titles are correct .
OlTimeFolkie
Posted Aug 30, 2002 - 2:27 AM:

My favorites are Kill Me Again and Don't Tell Me About Halloween. I have them both on an MP3 disk I purchased. Kill Me Again is the best sound of all that I have listened to; it is to bad that such a good program has lost episodes and does not have better copies; we just have to listen carefully.
smiling face
Kevin Sinnott
Posted Feb 24, 2003 - 2:37 PM:

My favorite, so far, episode. I heard it on Lights Out under a different title. Very spiritual and moving. Beyond a normal "horror" radio show.
Zorka

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 37
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 04, 2003 - 11:09 AM:

It is interesting to read these because when many people are asked about Quiet, Please, they always seem to mention "The Thing on the Fourble Board." Yet, I agree with many of these posts and do not find "Fourble" one of Cooper's better efforts.

Haven't really decided on a favorite, but find "Nothing Behind the Door" as one of true horror!
fred
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 16, 2003 - 2:55 AM:

It's hard to select a favorite broadcast, because each creates it's own world and draws you slowly into its logic, until a sudden gust of wind sends you toppling over the precipice into full realization.

The entire episode \"12 to 5\" is a pearl, as well as unconventional and original in form. I especially enjoyed the sublime humor of the advertisement for \"Chappel's Apples\". Taken as a whole, the horror and suspense slowly build and culminate in the final words: \"Open the door, Connie.\" The menacing manner in which these words are spoken, and the desperate implications definitely excite my imagination. Connie is standing at the brink of the supernatural, and there is no way for him to turn back.
goldenboy
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 16, 2003 - 9:56 PM:

The Thing of the Fourble Board was the first Quiet Please I ever heard, and I will always remember it fondly, but two of the most haunting episodes that stayed with me long after listening would have to be Pavanne, and A Red and White Guideon.
Glowingdial
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 20, 2003 - 10:12 PM:

Hi folkssmiling face, I just registered. Found this site on a search for Arch Oboler's Drop Dead. Have loved QP since I first heard The Thing On The Fourble Board. Other fav's of mine are Northern Lights (a-e-i-o-u), The Man Who Knew Everything, Nothing Behind The Door, Other Side Of The Stars, Pavanne. Geez, there are so many! I just wish the bulk of available episodes were in better sound. There's only about 20 or so that are listenable. Curse the guy who did the original disc transfers for not cleaning the discs properly first! Seems to me though that with CEDAR and other top-of-the-line audio restoration tools out there, someone with the know-how could clean up the "barely listenable" one a bit.
martucci
#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 03, 2003 - 12:11 PM:

I can remember in the old discussion boards of this site (or somewhere on the site) there was a mention of the transcription of the original discs when the 80+ episodes were re-discovered. If I remember correctly, they were Ernest C's own discs and they obviously were not recorded correctly.
What I could do if I had access to the original discs!
I have had quite a bit of success transferring old 78s to digital format. I once had a T-Bone Walker 78 that was broken into 5 pieces and I was able to get a decent recording of it off the taped together disc.
By "wet playing" and physically and digitally cleaning the discs and recordings I'll bet we could come up with some great sounding QP shows if we could just get a hold of the originals.
I can get a turntable that will play the large discs and I have all the necessary equipment (cleaning fluid specially made for shellac 78s, specially made brushes to find dirt in the grooves, etc) to clean and squeeze the best possible sound out of the grooves.
It breaks my heart to hear these great shows with the phonograph needle scraping through the piled up dirt in those grooves. I think “The Ticket Taker” must have had about an inch of dirt and grime on it when it was being taken off the original disc. I can’t even follow that episode no matter how cleaned up it is.

This brings me to my question:
ARE THEY STILL IN EXISTANCE???
WHERE ARE THEY IF SO?
And
HOW DO WE GET OUR HANDS ON THEM?????

Any ideas on this?
Rob

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 11
#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Nov 07, 2003 - 5:10 PM:

"Whence Came You" and "12 to Five" get my vote. There is
another one that was also done on Lights Out that is a good
one........it concerns a man coming in during a radio rehearsal selling coffins.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.