Comments on Nothing Behind the Door

sirdle

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 19
#16 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Nov 05, 2011 - 11:29 PM:

bfish wrote:

It's a long drive from Pacific Palisades over Sunset Blvd.; then up Beverly Glenn to the Valley; through the ??? to Sunland; down past the cemetary on Mt. Pelier Blvd to where you turn off on the Angelo Express Highway. A long drive, especially at one o'clock in the morning. That was when we pulled out of Pacific Palisades. It was summer. It--ah--after you turn on the mountain road, you're not allowed to smoke. You see a fire warden might come along and those guys can tell somebody smoking in a car a half mile off. They throw you in the can for it. Forest Fires.

Now, we didn't want anybody stopping us. It was risky enough anyway because, practically, nobody ever drives up there late at night--Uh--Early in the morning, I mean.

Well, we didn't meet anybody. All three of us were jittery with no cigarettes. That road--it's tough enough in the daylight--??? in the dark. It was half past four when we got to the top. The hotel was dark. Cabins were dark. Look at the sky. Why it's just like ??? in the dark. Why, you could almost reach up and touch it.

I remembered the old guy in the hundred inch dome--"Nothing between us and the stars". Down below--and if you ever go up there at night, you know what I mean--just like looking down at the stars. The lights of seventeen, eighteen, nineteen towns: Pasadena, Los Angeles, Hollywood, Van Neis, San Fernando, Culver City, Santa Monica...Hmmm, makes my hair stand on end when I think of it. Well, I haven't seen it since [pause] nevermind how many years

[music up and behind]

[14:08 into episode]

Beverly Glenn should be Beverly Glen. And the first sentence should say "It's a long drive from Pacific Palisades over Sunset Blvd.; then up Beverly Glen to the Valley; through Van Nuys to Sunland; down past the cemetary on Foothill Blvd to where you turn off on the Angeles Crest Highway."

And the next paragraph: "That road--it's tough enough in the daylight--boy, in the dark!"

And Van Neis should be Van Nuys.

sirdle

#17 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Nov 06, 2011 - 12:15 AM:

bfish wrote:
Man: Well, [pause] we stumbled through the pitch dark. We got off the path three times and nearly fell down the hill and ???. You still couldn't light a cigarette. ???.
Aldo: Right here! C'mon Joe. Hey, grab the briefcases ???.
Man: Set?
You're scared and tired. Then, all of a sudden, we're at the building, alongside one of the struts that hold up the little trestle.
Man: I scrambled up, I'll never know how I made it, either. There we are in the second ???.
Aldo: Yes. This little thing'll do.
Man: I wouldn't go in there if I was you.
Man: Look you, c'mon, let's get out of here.
Hugh: Eh, might as well take a gun, too. You can stick it in there.
[21:58 into episode]

The first two sentences should be: "Man: Well, [pause] we stumbled through the pitch dark. We got off the path three times and nearly fell down the hill and brother, that would be a fall. You still couldn't risk a cigarette. It was dark!"

And then later: "Aldo: Right here! C'mon Joe. Hey, slide the briefcases through first."

And then later: "Man: All set?"

And then later: "You're scared and sweating and tired. Then, all of a sudden, we're under the building, alongside one of the struts that hold up the little trestle."

And then later: "There we were, and in a second Aldo's up there with us."

And then later: "Aldo: Just this little .32."

And then later: "Man: I wouldn't go in there, Hugh."

And then later: "Man: Look Hugh, c'mon, let's get out of here."

And then later: "Hugh: Eh, might as well take the dough, too. You can stick it in there."

sirdle

#18 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Nov 06, 2011 - 12:28 AM:

bfish wrote:

Down a path past the heliostat reaching up into the sky, shining in the starlight looking like one of those visitors from Mars you heard about on the radio.
Astronomer: Your friends? Your over-static(???) friends?

[music out]

And later: "Down a path past the coelostat reaching up into the sky, shining in the starlight looking like one of those visitors from Mars you heard about on the radio."

And later: "Astronomer: Your friends? Your misguided friends?"

Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.