Are all episodes originally sourced from Don Aston's collecion?

Comments on Are all episodes originally sourced from Don Aston's collecion?

Endof80
reMember

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
Posted Aug 05, 2014 - 5:26 AM:

I noted several post here suggesting and/or advising particular sellers who provide the best quality copies of Quiet Please.. but really, how is it one dealer could possibly posses better quality than another, when all the available copies came from one specific source??
So far as I am aware, no one provides restored or cleaned up versions. The only one who has ever done that was Radio Archives - who for whatever the reason, opts to no longer make them available for sale..
But anyway, that aside;
If all the publicly available material (besides the 19 which were already circulating in the 70's and 80's) were all exclusively sourced from the recordings which Don Aston himself (via the library worker) was able to acquire from the Florida University before the disc went to the Paley Museum..
Then does that not conclude that there can not possibly be better copies than those sold by Astons company, AVPro? .
If the only single source - which to my understanding was his cassette recorded tapes of the original disc - Then how could any sellers offerings possibly be better than Astons?
Or is there something I'm not considering which makes my reasoning flawed??

Endof80
reMember

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
Posted Aug 07, 2014 - 2:15 AM:

Perhaps I overstated my question..
With only one solitary source material available, then the best one can hope for would be an uncompressed format copy of that recording.. So, if buying Quiet Please series in
uncompressed CD format, does it really make any difference from which dealer you buy from ? (providing they are a reputable dealer).
Or is this not entirely true??
Are there certain dealers who posses an alternate (and better) source material?
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.