The Evening and the Morning -- the movie

Comments on The Evening and the Morning -- the movie

NothingBehindtheDoor

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 12
Posted Nov 16, 2011 - 11:14 PM:

Just discovered this through Wikipedia. I was prepared for a cheesy, homemade thing that butchered the real episode. I couldn't have been more mistaken. If I hadn't known better, I would have sworn that this was an actual 1950's era TV version of Quiet, Please. Hope you enjoy...

The Evening and the Morning

Endof80
reMember

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
Posted Jun 14, 2014 - 2:17 PM:

Wow! Did anybody watch this? That was fantastic!
Very cool
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Jun 18, 2014 - 11:23 AM:

One of the people making it sent me a link at the time it came out. It was interesting, nicely done.

Speaking of Quiet Please on TV, I notice Wyllis Cooper borrowed heavily from a Quiet Please episode for the Lights Out TV series: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0632289/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_3
MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Jun 18, 2014 - 3:02 PM:

Yes, this was an interesting piece. I saw something recently about a similar film that makes use of a vintage radio show as its soundtrack.

That "Dead Man's Coat" episode of the Lights Out TV series is currently online here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx5R2CYBaqg

I can't prove it, but it looks to me like it might be an adaptation of one of Cooper's lost 1930s Lights Out scripts. You could easily reverse-engineer it into a radio play. Incidentally, there's a scene at the cemetery with a pair of bit players and the older actor with the eyeglasses is none other than Harvey Hays who starred on Cooper's "Empire Builders" and "Whitehall 1212" radio series.

Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.