Episode 59
Please help me, I am muddled and confused...

Comments on Episode 59

raoulfenderson
New

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 1
Posted Aug 22, 2005 - 2:48 PM:

I guess I just don't understand the ending of "It's Later Than You Think." These time-travel paradoxes flummox me.
Posted Aug 22, 2005 - 9:06 PM:

Well, Sgt. Kilroy shows up to murder Lindsay so he can have Verna for himself. He is just about to shoot Lindsay when the latter starts to wind his time-traveling watch ahead two hours forward.

So, either Lindsay sets his watch forward two hours and discovers he's been shot dead two hours ago by Kilroy or he is ABOUT to set his watch forward and the scene ends just before Kilroy shoots him -- then we jump forward two hours to hear Kilroy informing Verna that he shot Lindsay two hours ago.

Or maybe I'M flummoxed, too.

raoulfenderson
Posted Aug 23, 2005 - 8:53 AM:

So Kilroy, who knows about the watch, keeps an eye on the body for two hours to make sure Lindsay didn't get the watch set ahead just before he was shot? In which case, his corpse would suddenly come to life?
Posted Aug 23, 2005 - 9:05 AM:

Kilroy knew the watch was a time-traveling watch? I didn't think anybody knew that except Lindsay. Maybe I need to listen to it again.

I assumed Kilroy hung around for two hours, not to watch the body, but because he was expecting Verna to show up. When she phones, Kilroy asks her where she's been.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.