The Venetian Blind Man

Title The Venetian Blind Man
Description Lost? Or hiding in plain sight?
Message Text I'm looking forward to Astro1's posting of the script for this supposedly lost episode. I say "supposedly" because I was browsing the WorldCat search engine recently and came across this entry, entitled "[United States, 1949]":

INDIANA UNIV, ARCH OF TRADITIONAL MUSIC
Record for Item: "[United States, 1949]"
Indiana University, Bloomington. (698)
Title: [United States, 1949]
Author(s): Cooper, Willis. ; (Director - drt); Venetian Blind Man. ; (Performer - prf) Corp Author(s):
Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) ; (Depositor - dpt); Indiana University, Bloomington.; Archives of Traditional Music.
Year: 1949
Description: 1 sound disc :; analog, 33 1/3 rpm, acetate, mono. ;; 10 in.
Language: English
Music Type: Popular music
SUBJECT(S) Descriptor: Organ music. Radio plays -- United States.
Note(s): Dramatic presentation with music./ Radio play./ "Quiet Please"--documentation./ Circumstances of recording unknown except for the date, April 3, 1949./ Documentation for this collection is incomplete./ Possibly deposited at the Archives of Traditional Music by Northwestern University in ca. 1963 (under option 2?)/ This collection includes organ music and speech; seemingly it is a one man dramatic presentation with spoken (and sung?) monologue and organ music./ Participants: Venetian Blind Man, organ, spoken monologue (and vocals?); Willis Cooper, writer and director.

Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership MS
Views 6,676 views. Averaging 1 view per day.
Submission Date Sep 18, 2003