Rain On New Years Eve

Title Rain On New Years Eve
Description Episode 30
Message Text Rain on New Year’s Eve
Broadcast 12/29/47
Episode 30

Announcer: Quiet Please… Quiet Please
(Theme In and under)
The Mutual Broadcasting System Presents Quiet Please, which is written and directed by Wyllis Cooper, and which features Ernest Chappell. Quiet Please for tonight is called “Rain on New Year’s Eve”.
(Theme up and out)

Ramsey: It’s raining again. Pretty near New Years and it’s raining again. Back east it’s probably snowing different places, or maybe the moons out & shining on the snow and people are saying ‘why it’s so bright out you could read a newspaper’. You can’t read a newspaper by moonlight; only the headlines. Maybe if you take your newspaper out in the yard and stand in the yard you might find a headline with my name in it. Its been there before. Well anyway so there’s moonlight. Here there’s rain, like it was that other New Years eve. That’s what the rain makes me think of, as if I ever thought of anything else. (organ sting and bridge [made to sound like rain] in and under) Listen to the rain (very quiet chuckle). I was sitting in my office in the writer’s court out there after we had been on the picture for two or three months; writing it that is.
[1:55]
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Old Timer
Views 1,661 views. Averaging 0 views per day.
Submission Date Nov 10, 2002