Extant Original Scripts??

Title Extant Original Scripts??
Message Text Greetings, all! New member---and new Quiet, Please! fan---here. I'm quite curious: how many of Wyllis Cooper's original scripts survive---and where are they housed? A volume of collected QP! scripts was scheduled to appear in 1950, but apparently never made it to press. (See: www.geocities.com/emruf6/00.html). I don't suppose there's a manuscript or galley proof of this floating about somewhere? It would be terribly nice should someone finally bring such a book to fruition . . . But as the precise location of the original transcription discs remains a profound and confounding mystery, I don't suppose we should get our hopes up about the scripts. Alas! Alack! And---for good measure---Welaway!

At the very least, a bunch of original Cooper MSS (or reasonable facsimiles thereof) would make the work of preparing scripts for www.quietplease.org a good deal easier. Until then, I guess it's painstaking, deep-hearkening, pop-hiss-and-buzz-busting, ever-rewinding transcribing from what recordings survive.

That being said, I'd be happy to contribute to a transcription or two. It'll take me a while, however: I'm slow and beset by other (annoying---but paying . . . however meagerly) commitments. But I'll get something done, eventually. Is anyone working on "The Smell of High Wines" yet? If memory serves, that was a pretty noisy one. In any case, if no one's doing it, I'll see how much clean narrative I can disinter from the unquiet (audio) grave this episode has so unfortunately fallen into.

Quietly yours,

Jeremiah
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Jeremiah
Views 1,108 views. Averaging 0 views per day.
Submission Date Mar 19, 2009