Total Comments: 14
Posted Jun 07, 2010 - 10:19 PM:

blog.taragana.com/e/2010/06...-dies-in-nyc-at-99-138389/

Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Jun 10, 2010 - 3:26 AM:

Sad. sad I first heard the CBS Radio Mystery Theater during the Himan Brown re-hosted late 90s re-release (since I was two years old when the original run went off the air). CBSRMT is erratic (doubtless because of tiny budgets and overused writers) but it has a lot of really great episodes. I actually thought it was a brand new series until a few episodes mentioned archaic computers as if they were new.

I remember emailing my local NPR station asking them to air CBSRMT after CBS dropped it and NPR picked it up around 1999ish. They gave me a spiel about how we don't use radios the way we used to anymore and they needed to serve a younger audience that only wants to hear Car Talk. It's a shame their stations won't take a risk on anything creative (new or old).
NothingBehindtheDoor

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 12
Posted Dec 03, 2011 - 12:56 PM:

That's too bad. I love Inner Sactum Mysteries, (though not as much a Quiet, Please). I really wish they would re-air some old time radio shows. Oh, but modern people might be to stupid to understand how things were in the '40s and '50s. I'm being sarcastic, but it's kind of true.
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Dec 09, 2011 - 8:31 PM:

NothingBehindtheDoor wrote:
I really wish they would re-air some old time radio shows.

America is hopeless, but check out BBC Radio 4 Extra: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4extra . They air a lot of best radio drama and comedy from the BBC archives and you can listen online. Also has some new stuff.
NothingBehindtheDoor

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 12
Posted Dec 09, 2011 - 9:37 PM:

Thanks. I wish America would stop trying to be so "onward to the future" and just understand that some things were better in the past.

Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.