TRANSCRIPTION DISCS

Title TRANSCRIPTION DISCS
Message Text I posted this under "favorite episodes" and have gotten no response. I'll try it here under a new topic:

transcription discs
I can remember in the old discussion boards of this site (or somewhere on the site) there was a mention of the transcription of the original discs when the 80+ episodes were re-discovered. If I remember correctly, they were Ernest C's own discs and they obviously were not recorded correctly.
What I could do if I had access to the original discs!
I have had quite a bit of success transferring old 78s to digital format. I once had a T-Bone Walker 78 that was broken into 5 pieces and I was able to get a decent recording of it off the taped together disc.
By "wet playing" and physically and digitally cleaning the discs and recordings I'll bet we could come up with some great sounding QP shows if we could just get a hold of the originals.
I can get a turntable that will play the large discs and I have all the necessary equipment (cleaning fluid specially made for shellac 78s, specially made brushes to find dirt in the grooves, etc) to clean and squeeze the best possible sound out of the grooves.
It breaks my heart to hear these great shows with the phonograph needle scraping through the piled up dirt in those grooves. I think “The Ticket Taker” must have had about an inch of dirt and grime on it when it was being taken off the original disc. I can’t even follow that episode no matter how cleaned up it is.

This brings me to my question:
ARE THEY STILL IN EXISTANCE???
WHERE ARE THEY IF SO?
And
HOW DO WE GET OUR HANDS ON THEM?????

Any ideas on this?
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Martucci
Views 1,416 views. Averaging 0 views per day.
Submission Date Oct 18, 2003