New to site

Comments on New to site

Tom
New

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 2
Posted Apr 03, 2003 - 8:44 PM:

Hi...Just discovered your site. Have been a fan of QP for some time.

Now I can listen to episodes I've never heard.

Site is well done. Thanks for the time and effort.

wink
normando
New

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 0
Total Comments: 1
Posted Jun 11, 2006 - 5:55 PM:

I grew up in the 50s and listened to a lot of OTR (though we didn't call it that then). Here in Denver, John Dunning revived interest with his weekly program in the 70s. I used to tape all his broadcasts and still listen to those tapes on my old reel-to-reel deck when I'm working. He had only two Quiet Please broadcasts back then -- "The Thing on the Fourble Board" and "Whence Came You?" -- and I'd often bring them out to play for friends and give them a chill.

I'm really glad to have found this site and am looking forward to downloading more of the shows and listening to them.

If anyone is interested, I did an illustration based on "Whence Came You?" some time back and have posted it as part of my illustration portfolio as http://portfolios.com/philnormand. As I say it is "based" on the story, not a literal illustration of the show.

And speaking of illlustrations, graphics and such if anyone has an old ad, or some kind of logo for the Quiet Please program, I'd love to see it. Maybe one is kicking around in the back of an old men's magazine or pulp somewhere.

Again, thanks for keeping this site online.
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Jun 16, 2006 - 7:50 AM:

Nice illustration. I suppose going after Orisis with a gun is the more heroic approach to things that a pulp magazine would've taken. I'd wonder why someone would take a gun into an ancient tomb, but that never bothers writers.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.