Motive
a thank you

Comments on Motive

MS

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Oct 07, 2003 - 12:22 PM:

ANNCR: I have been reading the lost "Quiet, Please!" script called "Motive" which was written and directed by Wyllis Cooper. The man who spoke to me (in my head, anyway) was Ernest Chappell.

CHAPPELL: And Paul K. played the webmaster. Pat O'Malley was the feisty Irishman and Cecil Roy was ... a victim of castration. As always, scripts for lost "Quiet, Please!" episodes are provided by our good friend, Astro1. And now with a word about next week, here is our writer-director Wyllis Cooper.

COOPER: Thank you for posting these lost "Quiet, Please!" scripts. Next week, I hope somebody will explain to me why the episode numbers on the scripts don't ever seem to match the episode numbers on the logs.

CHAPPELL: [chuckles] And so, until next week at this time, I am quietly yours, Ernest Chappell.

(MUSIC ... THEME ... FADE FOR)

ANNCR: "Quiet, Please!" comes to you from New York.

THIS IS THE WORLD'S LARGEST NETWORK, THE WORLD WIDE WEB.

2ND ANNCR: A listening reminder. Drew Pearson is practically psychic and if you don't tune in to his program, your ignorance will doom you and your family for generations to come. Listen to Drew Pearson tonight -- or else!
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Oct 17, 2003 - 6:19 PM:

If someone's going to explain the episode numbering, you can bet I'll be there next week. It's sure got me confused. But wait, it was posted on the 7th so that means the numbering must've been explained on the 14th and I missed it. sad

I presume Drew Pearson predicted Marge's fate. She must've been tuned in to NBC at the time... that'll teach her.
Old Timer

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 100
Posted Oct 17, 2003 - 7:29 PM:

Orginally posted by Paul

If someone's going to explain the episode numbering, you can bet I'll be there next week. It's sure got me confused. But wait, it was posted on the 7th so that means the numbering must've been explained on the 14th and I missed it. sad

I presume Drew Pearson predicted Marge's fate. She must've been tuned in to NBC at the time... that'll teach her.

Perhaps you could do it as a Flashback? rolling eyes
MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Oct 21, 2003 - 8:45 PM:

Until Astro1 posted the script to "Motive," the only way I could make sense of the episode numbering was to assume that "A Ribbon of Lincoln Green" was repeated as "Retreat at Dunkerque" -- in other words, "Dunkerque" doesn't count as an episode (it's just the usual local WOR broadcast of that week's episode but with a different title). A log would look like this:

01 NOTHING BEHIND THE DOOR
02 I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU
03 WE WERE HERE FIRST
04 THE TICKET TAKER
05 CORNELIA
06 I REMEMBER TOMORROW
07 INQUEST
08 BRING ME TO LIFE
09 A MILE HIGH AND A MILE DEEP*
10 MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL*
11 A RIBBON OF LINCOLN GREEN* [a.k.a. RETREAT AT DUNKERQUE]
12 THREE SIDES TO A STORY*
13 HOW ARE YOU, PAL?
14 THE BIG BOX*
15 BE A GOOD DOG, DARLING+
16 THE LOW ROAD*

and so on and so forth.

The numbers on the scripts would then match up with the numbers on this log. Counted this way, then "Meeting at Ticonderoga" (which is script #40) is episode #40, "Below Fifth Avenue" and "One Hundred Thousand Diameters" are 51 and 52, respectively, and "The Gothic Tale" would be 78 (postponed from 14, apparently). This meant that "Motive" should have been 62.

But then Astro1 posted "Motive" as script number 61!

Well, maybe Cooper wrote it as number 61 but postponed it till the following week.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.