Tap the Heat Bogdan

Comments on Tap the Heat Bogdan

Old Timer

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 100
Posted Jun 02, 2003 - 4:23 PM:

While working on the script, I began wondering just how much time WC spent down in the South Side of Chicago? From what I have seen and studied I would think quite a lot.
Old Timer

Posted Jun 03, 2003 - 8:42 PM:

Working on the script is a real challenge, if for no other reason, than for trying to get the feel of the various accents. (Gaelic as well as Serbian, Croat, or whatever accent Bogdan has). Oddly enough, Maria is the easiest to understand.
rolling eyes
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Jun 04, 2003 - 4:08 PM:

Well, I don't know how long but he was at least in Chicago for a while. Lights Out began in Chicago, and Cooper had been working on the staff at NBC's Chicago studio for a while before then. Not sure where he was born, but it seems his career was in Chicago until the late 30's when he went off to Hollywood.
Old Timer

Posted Jun 06, 2003 - 6:15 PM:

I figure that he was there long enough to get a real feel for the place. I'd even conjecture that he lived down in the south side of Chicago. It would make for an interesting Investigation. smiling face
Zorka

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 37
Posted Jun 13, 2003 - 8:42 PM:

Cooper was born in Pekin, IL, but actually lived in Santa Monica, CA as the radio manager of the ad agency before moving to Chicago. He served in WWI and was gassed in the Argonne Forest (which might account for some of his ideas).

He worked for NBC from at least 1930-1936 when he left for Hollywood.

I haven't gotten to the point of finding out where specifically he lived in Chicago, though it would be an interesting speculation.
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Jun 14, 2003 - 1:05 AM:

Santa Monica? Well, that sheds some new light on "Camera Obscura."
Old Timer

Posted Jun 14, 2003 - 1:16 AM:

Would anyone else be surprised if it was discovered that WC (or one of his relatives) actually worked in a steel mill?

Somehow I would be more surprised if they didn't

Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.