song used in show

Comments on 12 to 5

Rob

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 11
Posted Mar 14, 2003 - 10:34 PM:

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if the song title: "I'll Be Glad When Your Dead You Rascal You" referred to a real song. If so, does
anyone know who recorded it?
MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Mar 15, 2003 - 2:37 AM:

It's a real song from about 1930 or so. Louis Armstrong was probably the most famous artist to record it. He sang it in a couple of 1932 films: a live action short subject called \"A Rhapsody in Black and Blue\" and a Betty Boop cartoon called \"I'll Be Glad When You're Dead You Rascal You\". But many others have done it. Here's a page about the song: http://www.heptune.com/yourasca.html
Rob

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 11
Posted Mar 15, 2003 - 2:23 PM:

Thanks for the information MS! Quiet please has been one
of my favorites for a long time. I first heard the show on a hot summer night. I was sitting outside at ten in evening
enjoying the cooling night air. I happened to bring my portable radio along with me and by chance the radio station I dialed up (KINS) announced that they were going to be playing Quiet Please. The show turned out to be "The Thing On The Forble Board." What a way to be introduced to the show! From then on I was hooked! smiling face
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.