QP Trivia and such

Comments on QP Trivia and such

Endof80
reMember

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
Posted Nov 05, 2014 - 2:38 PM:

Added a new page to my site containing little tidbits I discovered along the way.. A fair portion of them had originated from here, but there's a lot of additional curiosities which became evident while putting my log of the series together.
Nothing spectacular, just some interesting bits I've not seen mentioned before.
Check it out, and if you've got any trivia to add, let me know!
It's the "Trivia & Curiosities link at the top..
http://quietpleaseanthology.16mb.com
By the way.. Does anyone know why there was no episode aired the week after "Not Responsible After 30 Years" ?? I can't find anything to explain it.
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Nov 05, 2014 - 5:52 PM:

Impressive trivia collection.

Endof80 wrote:
By the way.. Does anyone know why there was no episode aired the week after "Not Responsible After 30 Years" ?? I can't find anything to explain it.

Cooper accidentally set his watch forward a week.
Endof80
reMember

Posted Nov 06, 2014 - 3:40 AM:

Paul wrote:
Impressive trivia collection.

Cooper accidentally set his watch forward a week.

I just now caught that Paul!.. guess I'm a little slow)
By the way, evidently AT&T blocks the free websites hosted at the 16mb.com domain, so unless your using Comcast or some other internet access provider, that link above won't load.. SO, I guess it's better to stick with my http://quietplease.96.lt web address, since it works for everybody. - even the annoying AT&T.

If any one had a problem loading the page from my link above, then use http://quietplease.96.lt - that's an LT, not an IT www.QuietePlease.96.LT
Perhaps I should quit being so cheap and pay a hosting provider

MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Nov 08, 2014 - 8:08 PM:

Some possible corrections:

1. Episode 42: "Quiet Please".
No audio or scripts known to exist

I believe the script exists, it's just not online.

2. Episode 101: "In the House Where I Was Born".
This one of only four episode's which were repeated during the Quiet Please run. Originally broadcast in episode 50 with the same title, but a different cast.

Is it a different cast? I thought it was the same actors. Didn't Pat O'Malley, Betty Wragge, Cecil Roy, and Lotte Stavisky back Chappell in both?

3. Episode 98 "The Other Side of the Stars".
The lead character's name is Ross, a radio DJ who makes mention of his prior experience, occurring in episode 1 "Nothing Behind the Door".

The lead character is actually named Esau. I suspect Cooper probably intended the character to be the same as Ross, the narrator of "Nothing Behind the Door," but, for whatever reason, there was a name change.
Endof80
reMember

Posted Nov 09, 2014 - 1:56 PM:

MS wrote:
Some possible corrections:

1. Episode 42: "Quiet Please".
No audio or scripts known to exist

I believe the script exists, it's just not online. 2. Episode 101: "In the House Where I Was Born".

Noted.. didn't know that.

MS wrote:

This one of only four episode's which were repeated during the Quiet Please run. Originally broadcast in episode 50 with the same title, but a different cast.

Is it a different cast? I thought it was the same actors. Didn't Pat O'Malley, Betty Wragge, Cecil Roy, and Lotte Stavisky back Chappell in both?.

Your right as usual.. I see that my log is missing Betty Reggie in the cast for the first broadcast.. somehow I missed it. Yes the cast are identical.. on a side note, I recall now that in some previous discussion you had pointed out some very minor differences in the dialog of the two versions

MS wrote:

3. Episode 98 "The Other Side of the Stars".
The lead character's name is Ross, a radio DJ who makes mention of his prior experience, occurring in episode 1 "Nothing Behind the Door.

The lead character is actually named Esau. I suspect Cooper probably intended the character to be the same as Ross, the narrator of "Nothing Behind the Door," but, for whatever reason, there was a name change.

Again correct.. I obviously did not examine closely. Now, upon doing spot checking, I see that in the beginning of the episode, he only mentions that he "remembers" the astronomer Dyke and the 100 inch telescope at the observatory, there's really nothing to conclude he was actually a part of the events.. nor is there even a character name Esau in 'Nothing Behind the door'..
I'll be sure to make the necessary corrections to the trivia page and my log later tonight.
Thanks for the heads up.

Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.