Does any one have Eidemiller's book on Quiet Please?

Comments on Does any one have Eidemiller's book on Quiet Please?

Endof80
reMember

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
Posted Jun 10, 2014 - 4:04 PM:

I've searched everywhere that there is to search for the book "Quiet please: One of radio's most thought provoking series" by Randy Eidemiller and Chris Lembesis revised in 2000 ©1995

But it's appears to be unavailable everywhere.
I've seen the post with his home address but it's over 10 years old...

I see it described as a "booklet", which indicates it probably doesn't consist of that many pages.. Does any one have it?
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Jun 10, 2014 - 4:33 PM:

books.google.com/books/abou...lease.html?id=q0tDuAAACAAJ
www.worldcat.org/title/quie...oking-series/oclc/52872398

"The background and complete log of all 106 broadcasts with remembrances by Frank Thomas, Jr. Revised Edition 2000. Now containing all story lines."--Cover.

It's just 23 pages and most of those must be the episode log.
Endof80
reMember

Posted Jun 10, 2014 - 6:50 PM:

Thanks for the link Paul, but I've already been there... While it is the closest thing to actual availability, it only informs that there's a copy of it in the Thousands Oaks Public Library in California..

Perhaps I'm not missing nothing, but I've noticed the book to be referenced numerous times, so I can't help but wish to have a glance over it . It seems surprising,(especially considering it's so small) that there's not an archive of it online somewhere.

Of note, this log is strongly based on Jerrys as noted below:
http://www.old-time.com/otrlogs2/qp_fp.log.txt
"Special nods must go to Gordon Payton and Jerry Haendiges. Gordon included a full show list in his catalog, including missing (presummed lost) and partial shows. The missing and partial shows are so noted. Jerry's log contains numerous notes on date and time changes, etc."

By the way, if you havent read the chapter "The Unsettling Universe of Wyllis Cooper and Ernest Chappell: Quiet, Please " from the book Terror on the Air, you can read over a dozen pages of it free via google books at :
books.google.com/books?id=k...Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=true
That link leads directly to that chapter, but by also scrolling upward will display numerous more pages specifically about Wyllis Cooper which also can be read online.

EDIT.. Oh good grief.. Jerry Haendiges log has nothing to do with what we were talking about! -- I don't know how I got mixed up there!

Randy Eidemiller and Chris Lembesis booklet which also includes their log is the topic.

All apologies

MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Jun 11, 2014 - 8:51 AM:

The Eidemiller-Lembesis log is apparently available from Jay Hickerson. It's listed on this page, under "Broadcast logs available from Jay Hickerson" and costs a dollar:

http://www.audio-classics.com/jayhickerson.html
Endof80
reMember

Posted Jun 11, 2014 - 12:44 PM:

Thanks MS, but again,.. What I'm looking for is the book: titled "Quiet please: One of radio's most thought provoking series"
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Jun 11, 2014 - 11:03 PM:

Could it be that's just the title of the log? At 23 pages it seems more appropriate to call it a log than a book.

It's not actually at the Thousand Oaks library either, if you click it says not found.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.