Concerning The House Where I was born..

Comments on Concerning The House Where I was born..

Endof80
reMember

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
Posted Jun 03, 2014 - 7:24 PM:

I noticed episode 102 the rebroadcast of #51 "House Where I was Born" is considerably easier to listen to than the much noisier and distorted episode 51.
But besides the noise, it also sounds rather different.. it may partially be because one is playing ever so slightly faster than the other as there's about a minute time difference between the two..
But it's not just that, 102 also definitely has a much better acoustic range - as well noticeably clearer overall.

Anyway, is it correct that the #102 "rebroadcast" would have simply been just a replaying of the first recorded disc from #51, ?.. or did they re-enact it again?

In other words, is the only difference between 51 and 102 (besides the sound quality), the ending announcements of next week show as Tanglefoot, and the other saying Below 5th avenue?

Other than that, are they 100% identical, or did they actually re-perform the episode?
MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Jun 04, 2014 - 2:45 PM:

Endof80 wrote:
Other than that, are they 100% identical, or did they actually re-perform the episode?

I'm pretty certain they re-performed the episode. When I was working on a transcript of the second broadcast, I listened closely to both and noticed various minor differences. For example, Chappell refers to "the sitting room" in the earlier episode and calls it "the front room" in the later one. The two versions are very close, but not 100% identical.
Endof80
reMember

Total Topics: 45
Total Comments: 112
Posted Jun 04, 2014 - 7:49 PM:

Thanks MS! Very interesting tidbit of information.. that explains the different tonal quality as well.. plus the music differences.
Upon listening again to confirm, I noticed that in episode 51 you clearly hear the door open right before he refers to it as a "sitting room"
In episode 102 there is no door sound/

I find i a little surprising that they re-performed when all they needed to do was just replay the disc... This leads be to suspect their other rebroadcast were re-enacted as well. -- So in a certain sense, that means none of his 105 broadcast were repeats!

By the way, to Paul... MS contributing info has led me to notice that in the script section of this site, the script for 51 (quoting "sitting room"), is incorrectly listed as #102.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.