Quiet Please podcast

Comments on Quiet Please podcast

kevan
New

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
Posted Sep 25, 2013 - 10:14 AM:

Thought I'd share this with other Quiet Please listeners in case anybody else finds it useful. After getting hooked in by The Thing on the Fourble Board earlier in the year, and faced with an 87-episode collection on archive.org, I couldn't think of an easy way to digest the entire series (I didn't want to fill up my MP3 player and try to keep track of which episodes I'd listened to, and I didn't want to have to manually copy a few across every week). I ended up writing a script to make a podcast of Quiet Please episodes, delivering one a week to my phone's podcast player, which was naturally geared up to keeping track of which episode I was on - it didn't take much to expand that into a generic service for converting archive.org collections (or any old pile of MP3s) into podcasts.

You can subscribe to the Quiet Please podcast at http://fourble.co.uk/podcast/quietplease
gravity, please
New

Total Topics: 0
Posted Nov 07, 2013 - 12:53 PM:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this. A great way to revisit my favorite old time radio show via 21st century smartphone. Very much appreciated.
gravity, please
New

Total Topics: 0
Posted Dec 16, 2013 - 1:54 PM:

Add another richly-deserved Thank You: I finally noticed your 'All podcasts' link, and I've got my weekly Suspense episodes up and running. Again, my thanks and appreciation.
kevan
New

Total Topics: 1
Posted Jan 17, 2014 - 7:28 AM:

Good to hear you're finding it useful! There's so much great stuff on archive.org that I automated the process of making a podcast from any archive.org collection - you can just copy-and-paste the address of any archive.org page and Fourble will (hopefully) be able to make you a podcast out of it.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.