Museum Display for Cooper's hometown

Comments on Museum Display for Cooper's hometown

DanL
New

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 3
Posted Jan 03, 2011 - 3:39 PM:

Hello folks, I am putting the finishing touches on a little project to donate to the County museum in Pekin, Il.

Wyllis Cooper was born here, and I would like to help the town remember him, and his accomplishments.

Does anyone have a link to somewhere where I can print off some scripts to some "Quiet Please" episodes? I see there are many sripts here...but I would like a more printer friendly version.

Pekin, Illinois, doesn't remember Mr. Cooper very well, and I'm trying to fix that. I've put together a short bio, chronology, and I'm providing some espisodes and a player for visitors to the museum to sit down and listen to "lights Out!" and "Quiet Please".

I would appreciate any help on the scripts. Thnak you!

DanL

MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Jan 04, 2011 - 2:11 AM:

Have you seen this page?

http://www.quietlyyours.webs.com

The scripts (that is, text from Cooper's typewritten scripts) are marked (scr) and the transcripts (made from listening to recordings) are marked (trans).

Are the bio and chronology online somewhere? Would love to read them.
DanL
New

Posted Jan 04, 2011 - 10:59 PM:

That will come in handy! Sure, I'll post a copy of the bio, it isn't much so don't get your hopes up.

The chronology is just a list of stuff I put together from internet sources.

The main thing as I see it, is I'm re-introducing Cooper to people in his hometown. So most everything os going to be old news to OTR fans.

Ok...I'm embarrased at my amatuer attempt and trying to explain it away...but it is better than nothing, and nothing is what the museum has until I finish this display and give it too them. (Hopefully by this weekend.)

Thank you once again. smiling face

Attached Files:
borisandbelarule

Total Topics: 6
Total Comments: 14
Posted Jan 12, 2011 - 3:32 AM:

Can't help out in any way, but am happy to acknowledge your efforts in recognizing one of the most wonderful timepieces in radio history and one of its creators. Born in the middle 50s and growing up in the 60s, I just missed being old enough to catch a wonderful ride on the OTR train when it was first-run. But I've more than made up for it in my middle age, thanks to the internet and MP3s. Hope your project goes well!
DanL
New

Posted Jan 14, 2011 - 12:41 PM:

And will be donated to the museum this Saturday. Hopefully, will give Wyllis a little recognition...and some folks might enjoy being introduced to his talent.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5292/p1020325w.jpg

That's a picture of it. Many episodes of "Quiet Please" and a few of "Lights Out!" to listen to, including a few "read along" scripts. Recorder to play the tapes. A couple nice pictures. And the album contains a great bit of information on his life and still more scripts...and a few new odds and ends like copies of pages of scripts he had written notes on.

Many folks helped. And thanks to that help it is much nicer than I could have done on my own.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.