ashoates
New

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 4
Posted Jul 14, 2004 - 3:44 PM:

Hi

I just

wanted to say I am logging on to this site for the first time. Quiet Please is my second favorite old time radio show and i

have been collecting it on cassette. I'm going to start collecting it in MP3 format now, though. I am hoping to learn a

lot more about this series.
MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Jul 14, 2004 - 10:58 PM:

Welcome to the forum.

It's been awfully quiet (!) in here lately.

I recently ran across a site called Chris' Old Time Radio Archive that

currently claims to have four QP mp3 files for download, including two that have vanished from this site (The Thing on the

Fourble Board and A Red and White Guidon). The main index is here:

http://neylons.com/oldtimeradio/themes/index/

frameset.html

And individual QP pages are here:

neylons.com/oldtimeradio/pa.../rsm60-Quiet%20Please.html

neylons.com/oldtimeradio/pa.../rsi60-Quiet%20Please.html

Plenty of other OTR there, too. Wonder how

long before Radio Spirits, Inc. shuts it down.

Wait a minute! Did you say "Quiet, Please" is only your

SECOND favorite OTR show? Uh oh. What would be the first? (Maybe this'll get a discussion going!)

ashoates
New

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 4
Posted Jul 15, 2004 - 4:24 PM:

My first and true

love as my favorite all time old time radio show is "The Voyage of the Scarlet Queen" with Elliot Lewis as Captain

Phil Carney. The sound effects are absolutely amazing. You can here the creaking of the ship, the waves splashing against

the hull, on street scenes you can hear people nearby and things far away. The stories were brilliant and the adversaries;

Constantino the Portuguese, Ah Sin the fat Chinaman, Mangan the Texan who as Ah Sin put it, "He fell down and cut his

throat".

Anyway, I do love Quiet Please and am happy to be a new member of this forum.

Thanks

again
ashoates
MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Sep 18, 2004 - 11:09 PM:

RadioLovers.com recently updated its site and, among many other downloadable mp3 files, there's all the available episodes of Cooper's by-the-book cop show Whitehall 1212:

http://www.radiolovers.com/pages/whitehall-1212.htm

They've also got most of "The Voyage of the Scarlet Queen":

http://www.radiolovers.com/pages/voyageofthe.htm

and plenty of horror/SF series like Weird Circle, Sealed Book, Vanishing Point, Theater Five, etc.:

http://www.radiolovers.com

Old Timer

Total Topics: 14
Total Comments: 100
Posted Sep 25, 2004 - 11:50 PM:

ashoates wrote:
My first and true

love as my favorite all time old time radio show is "The Voyage of the Scarlet Queen" with Elliot Lewis as Captain

Phil Carney. The sound effects are absolutely amazing. You can here the creaking of the ship, the waves splashing against

the hull, on street scenes you can hear people nearby and things far away. The stories were brilliant and the adversaries;

Constantino the Portuguese, Ah Sin the fat Chinaman, Mangan the Texan who as Ah Sin put it, "He fell down and cut his

throat".

Anyway, I do love Quiet Please and am happy to be a new member of this forum.

Thanks

again
ashoates

This is a series that I've heard of... but have never heard any of the episodes. Do you know where I can download an episode or two so I can see what you're talking about? (If you like it better than QP it must be rather good)

Also.... Welcome aboard, and take some friendly advice... never DJ from 12 to 5, be too fond of Lilies, and be careful where you dig wink
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Sep 27, 2004 - 4:21 PM:

Scarlet Queen used to be on the KNX drama hour, wasn't my sort of thing... I listened a bit but never really cared for it though it was ok. If you tend to like seafaring adventure stories you'd probably enjoy it more.

MS wrote:
RadioLovers.com recently updated its site and, among many other downloadable mp3 files, there's all the available episodes of Cooper's by-the-book cop show Whitehall 1212

I bought the full series of Whitehall 1212 as a $5 CD from otrcat.com a couple years ago. I should mention for anyone thinking about it that it's a good series even if you're not normally interested in that sort of based-on-reality crime show. Quite creative really, even though you might think it's impossible for a series on that subject to be creative. Cooper clearly left his mark on it.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.