Comments on Downloading episodes

Tom
New

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 2
Total Comments: 2
Posted Dec 15, 2003 - 11:32 AM:

grin

Having trouble downloading some episodes...specifically # 20, 29, 39, 95, and 106.

Message says "try again later." No luck. Any ideas?
Paul

Usergroup: Webmaster

Total Topics: 38
Total Comments: 275
Posted Jan 03, 2004 - 6:35 AM:

I lost the secondary host where I had about 90 MB of episodes stored. This main host only allows 500 MB, which doesn't fit the whole series. Currently, I don't have any specific plan of where to get the other 12-15 or so episodes uploaded. Sorry. (You can get everything a lot quicker with a $5 CD from http://www.otrcat.com , though... I only figured that out after I'd already downloaded almost everything and bought the rest on tapes over the course of several years.)
MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted Jan 12, 2004 - 8:36 PM:

Here's a page that offers QP episodes in streaming RealAudio:

http://dasgregor.homeunix.org:8888/Quiet%20Please

Not nearly as good as this site, of course, but some of the missing eps are available here. I listened to "Sketch for a Screenplay" and "Vale of Glencoe"

MS

Total Topics: 74
Total Comments: 265
Posted May 29, 2004 - 1:19 AM:

Well, here's another site that offers QP episodes in streaming Real Audio:

http://bbs.cyber49er.com

You have to click on "OTR Archive" then "Drama" then "Quiet Please" in order to get to them.
Paul

Posted Jul 29, 2004 - 7:46 PM:

Just got a plesant suprise in my email from the web host of this site:

"This is to let you know that we have increased the size of our hosting plan.

quietplease.org now has 1000MB of storage and 40GB per month of data transfer. The price remains the same as before."

That'll be plenty of room for all the episodes. I'll try to get around to uploading the remaining ones in the coming week or so... will start with 20, 29, 39, 95, and 106 as listed here, anyone have a list of the others missing?
Posted Jul 29, 2004 - 10:01 PM:

Paul! You're back!

The missing seem to be:

36 A Red and White Guidon
39 Sketch For a Screenplay
48 How Beautiful Upon the Mountain
51 In The House Where I Was Born (version 1)
56 Wahine Tahiti
58 The Man Who Stole a Planet
59 It's Later Than You Think
60 The Thing on the Fourble Board
66 Anonymous
74 The Evening and the Morning
95 Dialogue For a Tragedy
97 The Vale of Glencoe
99 Other Side of the Stars
104 The Hat, the Bed, and John J. Catherine
106 Quiet, Please

Of course, 20 is Pavane (105) and 29 is Berlin, 1945 (80)

If you've got extra space, you might consider including some of Cooper's non-Quiet Please shows -- some of them are direct precursors of his QP stories and make for interesting listening in comparison.

For example, "Three Men" (which was originally done on Lights Out) is a fantasy about soldiers celebrating a post-war Christmas and has other things in common with "Berlin, 1945." It was later revived for a 1948 episode of NBC's Radio City Playhouse. If you're interested, I think you can still download an mp3 file of that later version from this page:

http://www.radiolovers.com/pages/radiocityplayhouse.htm

And then there's a few Lights Out episodes that might be worth the trouble, like "The Coffin in Studio B" which is sort of a dry run for "A Night to Forget" or "Reunion After Death" which is built around the same superstition that forms the basis of "The Evening and the Morning."

MS
Paul

Posted Jul 29, 2004 - 10:19 PM:

If you've got extra space, you might consider including some of Cooper's non-Quiet Please shows

Well, one matter there is I prefer to avoid any possible Radio Spirits type involvement. They admit to not knowing of any copyright holder for Quiet Please, but I know they claim control over Lights Out for example, and though I may be paranoid I prefer to avoid any chance of them contacting my host to have my site shut down.
Paul

Posted Jul 29, 2004 - 10:22 PM:

51 In The House Where I Was Born (version 1)

I'm pretty sure version 1 doesn't exist. Only the replay as #102.
Posted Jul 30, 2004 - 12:24 AM:

I'm pretty sure version 1 of "In the House Where I Was Born" exists. It doesn't sound nearly as good as version 2, though. I remember listening to them both when I did the transcript. There were only a few very minor differences, like a changed word or two.

It's those three other "repeat" episodes that are all missing their first versions: "Pavane," "Berlin, 1945" and "Quiet, Please."

Too bad about the non-Quiet Please stuff but I'm sure you're making the right decision.

MS
Paul

#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 30, 2004 - 2:38 AM:

Ah, found #51. Everything should be uploaded now.
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.